Friday, January 20, 2006

GDL

GDL stands for General Depression in Life. We (I and Sumit) invented this term way back in our first term in BCS, when both he and I were overcome by the extreme lethargy of the situation around us. The moroseness of existence and the futility of all things play on the mind and I remember not feeling like doing anything, but wanting life to take a new turn, both at the same time.

Needless to say, I hate the feeling. It is the same kind of emotional state that is shown in comics as a raincloud just for a person. Makes me sick. Though I haven't had one in ages, I know what the warning signs of the onset of one is. And I've been feeling those for some time now, almost three weeks. Feeling like I need a vacation despearately, and not seeing the chance of one anywhere in the near future was threatning to push me over the edge into that abyss.

Thankfully, I've seen the warning signs and acted accordingly. The first step is to put a bit more order into my life. So, I sleep at an earthly time, wake up early, get to office early, and, and, and, :D I've joined a gym (yay!). I've working in office for nearly a week now (as opposed to needlessly whiling away my time, waiting for the deadline to approach, so that I can kickstart myself). The starting gym is actually the second step. Physical activity adds some much needed tiredness and a sense of well being to life. The third step, and I still have to do this, is put in some adventure. Maybe a weekend ride to Lonavla or something. I'm sure that'll help too.

Yes, the warning signs are abating, and life's looking up. Say NO to GDL :D.

1 comment:

Aniket Anikhindi said...

keep pumping weights well buddy.. and keep doing it!