Friday, February 08, 2008

Funny Recruitment EMail

As the title suggests, I received a very funny recruitment email today. The subject said:

Urgent opening for Debugging Professionals @ Bangalore

It's been almost a year since I've stopped active development work, and shifted to design. But the ~7 years before that, I was working on development, and I did all my debugging myself.

I won't give you the company's name, but here are the rest of the details:

Title : Lead
Required Skills : Debugging Tools (GDB, DBX, MDB...etc), C++
Total Experience : 6 – 9 Years
Job Location : Bangalore
Mode of Position : Permanent

6-9 years working only on debugging?!! I can imagine the kind of conversations that the selected candidate must be having with his wife:
Wife: "Honey, why don't you listen to me?"
Husband (to himself): "Hmm, I wonder why she said that... Let me launch gdb..."

and promptly reaches for his laptop... And he wonders? [snicker]...

No comments: