Sunday, February 03, 2008

A Tribute to "Weird Al" Yankovic's Parodies

I only ever knew of a few of "Weird Al" Yankovic's songs. There was "The Saga Begins" which is sung in the style of "American Pie" and tells the story of the movie Star Wars - Phantom Menace. And a couple of others. I always found them very funny, especially the lyrics. So the other day, I visited Deezer to find the above-mentioned songs, and guess what? I came up with hordes. So here are the ones that are sung as parodies. What follows is a streaming media player that'll play the parody playlist, and the lyrics of the songs below that. Click on the song's name to see its lyrics. Believe me, they're hilarious. :)

free music



P.S. I'll post the lyrics widget shortly. It isn't currently working as desired. In the mean time, you'll find most of the lyrics here:
Smells like Nirvana
The Saga Begins
Eat It
Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
I Love Rocky Road
Amish Paradise
eBay
Fat
Livin' in a Fridge
Money for Nothing - Beverly Hillbillies
I Can't Watch This
Achy Breaky Song
Bedrock Anthem
Cavity Search
Gump
Like a Surgeon
Ode to a Superhero
Theme from Rocky XIII

No comments: