Sunday, October 23, 2005

Are they people too?

I still fly :) :D.... As you've no doubt gathered by my earlier blogs... I love my bike... I drive a car but my eyes are for the bike... I wish that California would allow me to ride with 100000kms under my belt rather than let me drive with 20000kms. Bureaucracy zindabad... I'd be a better _Rider_ than the folks here imagine...

That brings me to a very subtle point... why do people in the US stop when they come to a line where you want to cross on foot... it's pleasant but its uncanny and unnatural for someone who's come from the Indegenous...

Not that I'm complaining... The fact is that they're just not in so much of a hurry... The US establishment has taken the fun out of crossing a road... :(... It has given me my safety, but taken away my sense of adventure... think abt this... you can take any vehicle and reasonably expect to drive/ride ( leaving aside the oncoming traffic that'll kill you!)... these guys cannot... they'll have to get through several counselling sessions in order to tell them that it's their KARMA... ;)

I bet that the next time Manish comes around I'll kick his ass in an SUV :D

Love you all,
~Manjit

No comments: