Sunday, October 23, 2005

The Return

OK... One year later and a lot less hair... a lot has happened. I've switched jobs, I'm in the US for a 2.5 month training session and I'm missing my wife terribly :(. I actually spent Saturday evening cleaning and tidying up the apartment I'm living in. I don't mean to be male chauvinistic but I don't usually care about how my home looks... I only care about how my home looks to my wife... and my guess is that I'm just about fitting that bill.

Nikhil has been awfuly understanding and generous... He send the whole set of our Goa photographs at 1.5 KB/s (Kilo-_Bytes_ per second)... It took him 2 days... I love that guy. As soon as I get back again, I'm going to try and get a few people around me that I can trust to want to do that trip again...

Riding to Goa is a whole different experience from driving there (I'm not even going to acknowledge flying there or arriving there by bus or by train). Especially in a bike like mine. The time that I went, my bike was a 350cc 4 stroke 18.5bhp Royal Enfield Bullet Machismo, or simply called the bullet. My companion had a 220cc 4stroke 17PS Hero Honda Karizma. The bikes were well matched... in the same way a bull elephant is well matched with a... well plain bull... The plain bull is faster, both off the block and at all points in between, but the elephant commands respect. I can still feel that feeling of ~3 years back when Pungi told me that I better ride ahead, and we took on the trucks (travelling at around 80-90 kph) of the Indian highway at a decent 125-135kph consistently and all because I was in the lead. Now, I have to say this because I've a lot of respect for my plastic counterpart... The Karizma is an extremely fast vehicle... quite nimble, and very powerful... BUT IT STILL LOOKS LIKE A BOY'S TOY!!! No self respecting truck driver is going to give it way when it sees it in its rear view mirror...

The only bike to ride on the India highway is the Royal Enfield Bullet!

I have to give credence to Pungi... His bike is an extremely stable well tamed dalmation snake. Quick of the line, but very stable and lots of fun to ride... ITS JUST NOT BIG ENUF... He told me as much on the ride... It would be better if I rode in front of him because the truck driver wouldn't give him any way to overtake... In my wake we'd make our way as effortlessly as my exmanager through my credentials... EVERYONE MAKES WAY FOR A BULLET....

Forgive me if I sound pretentious... But maybe it'd have been different if he'd had a Eliminator... or more likely not... a bullet is a bullet... I wish to go there again... the only way is to go with other bulleteers...

I'll keep this blog updated.

1 comment:

Nikhil Khade said...

Hey dont worry about the pictures man...uploading them was surely a pain in the ass...but it was worth it :)