Wednesday, December 21, 2005

And I'm back - many weird things happened

God, its good to be back home. Sorry folks, but I had to soak in a bit of India before I got around to this page again :).

I had a great time over the weekend. And yesterday, a kind of a party at Nikhil's place where we all got seriously sloshed and spent a considerable amount of time trying to give Nikhil advice about his choice over getting married :). Its a regular thing I guess. Whenever we drink, someone ends up getting a lecture :).

Anyways, I have so much to talk about. I'm driving again, though I haven't gotten around to riding my bike yet because I seem to have misplaced my helmet. And to answer those with the question about how one goes around doing something like that, the answer is that I haven't the faintest notion. Hmm... how does one go around losing something the size of a basketball :D? So I was saying, I got around to driving again. And it was weird. I had to relearn the clutch-accelerator basics because I tended to be too light on the clutch. Took me like five minutes to do that. It took me a lot longer to understand the clearances once I was on the road. Had gotten too much used to the empty spaces around while I was back there (even though I didn't drive :-/). It was weird that's all :)

I tried to set up my router without an internet connection, and somehow my laptop seems to have forgotten that it has a NIC. It probably has something to do with using the wrong kind of cable to connect to the router :(. I'll have to check it out tomorrow. In the meantime if anyone has any idea about what I'm talking about, please leave a comment.

Its good to read the newspapers again. The stock market is going through the roof. It had hit 9400+some yesterday, and my portfolio is showing quite a healthy profit. India is thrashing Sri Lanka at the (third?) test.

Basically life is good. Tum is asleep after a very hard day and Mr. Sandman has come calling at my eyes as well. Goodnight folks.

UPDATE: The network port is back. It appeared again when I connected up the laptop to the office network.

No comments: