Friday, December 30, 2005

A heady trip to the office.

Yesterday evening I decided that I needed to ride my bike again. And preparations began.

Like I'd mentioned earlier, I'd lost my helmet, so on my way back home, I stopped at "Deo Sports" and picked up a brand new Studds Ninja. The best of both worlds. It splits down the front so that you can use it as a half face helmet while cruising around (upto around 60kph) and shut it down to make it a full faced one for going faster. When I got back home, I took it out to the grocery store. She started on the third kick. Topped up the gas tank and repressurized the tires. Ready to go. Yay!!!

Today morning, I put on my motorcycling gear (boots, jacket, helmet), and off we went. The laptop bag is a bit bigger than I like. In the sense that it doesn't fit the side boxes that I've put on my bike. So the laptop was hanging from my shoulder (and that was a bit of a downer). Nevertheless, I had a very exhilarating time. I did feel like I was holding back a little. I was riding like I would drive. Carefully and courteously. But I don't mind. I am free.

On the way to office, I'd stopped at a signal, and saw considerable commotion in the centre of the crossing. Some chap and his pillion had fallen of their bike in the middle of the crossing, and people were rushing to help them. Neither was wearing a helmet, and though the pillion looked okay, the rider was in shock or something, and couldn't stand up. Idiots... wear a helmet guys. Those anti-helmet lobby people should be put on the rack!

Nikhil has an amazing snap of me on the bullet. The bastard is currently vacationing in Goa, so I'll put that snap up when he gets back.

I'm looking forward to the ride back home :).

1 comment:

DoD said...

hiiii this is Rupesh Mandke from mumbai, doing PG in Game Development from ICAT,chennai.......

R u into gaming??? coz i got ur blog frm Sumit Mehra's blog???