Thursday, February 09, 2006

Banking blues

I have ended up having like a gazillion bank accounts. And I have loan installments being deducted from 2 of them, my salary comes in a third one and the fourth one is just sitting there doing nothing because I can't figure out how to change the ATM pin :o (right, I can't find the option anywhere!)

So you can imagine my predicament. I have to juggle the money around from one bank to another so that none of the direct debits default (I usually love alliterations but this was too much). Besides I had happened to bump into someone from my previous company on the road the other day. Well if you want to split hair, I bumped into his car... with my car. So I wrote him a cheque to cover the damage. And it's the beginning of the year, so I had to pay my building maintainence. And the Life insurance premium, my car insurance premium, the list goes on and on.

The result is that I've gone and written a host of cheques in all directions, and I realized just now (literally 10 minutes back) that one of my bank accounts is short by some :p. So tomorrow morning I'll have to rush to the said bank and deposit some cash before one of the cheques bounces.

And I haven't even started cribbing about my credit cards yet. It's going to be a gorgeous year.

No comments: