Friday, February 24, 2006

Like father like son

I can't believe it. After all that there is for the sake of difference, I and Hobbes are a lot similar. We both like to lounge around, we prefer to rest rather than work, we regard sleeping as one of the way that we are contributing to the world's betterment, and we both love Tum.

And if we were normal human beings, there would have been some jealosy and resentment between us. But luckily, Hobbes is a cat. And I don't mean just any cat. Hobbes is one of those feline creatures that have perfected the art of living without earning anything more than love.

He's a cute creature. And arousing "aaawwwww" feelings is in his nature. I wonder what it takes. No one ever said "aaawwwwww" to me the same way that they say it to Hobbes. Maybe I need to grow some fur.

But jokes apart, there are certain attributes that he does have that really endear him to anyone. The way he says "meeeeeeeaow" in this high alto voice that he specially reserves for his begging. I wish I could "meeeeeeaow" my way through my appraisals... if it worked it would have a double meaning, wouldn't it? Not only am I not hungry, but so is my cat :D.

And I really don't want to mention how caring he is. When he was really young (less than 6" long), he and Tequila used to sleep around their Mom. In the middle of the night, Tequila would get it into her head that she wants to bother Mommy. So she'd start biting her. Hobbesey to the rescue. Despite being tiny, the little runt would go and plop himself on top of her, and refuse to let go until Mommy finally woke up and acknowledged her debt to him ;).

Bole to ekdum apne baap pe gaya hai ;).

2 comments:

Aniket Anikhindi said...

awwwwwww :)

Hobbes is really too good man. It's time I came over to your place.

:D

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwww!