Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The cartoons of yesteryears

I have a recurring dream. There's a hole in the ground from which animated bugs are coming out. I can't see what kind of bugs they are. But they are of different shapes, colours and sizes. They all seem to be in a trance. All except one, who is helplessly shouting away to glory at all the others, telling them not to do it. And they all take to the sky... one after the other soaring towards the sun. Just to fall back dead.

I have this dream once in a while actually. When I say recurring, I mean once every 3 or 4 months. But it is there for the remembering. I saw it the first time after watching it in a cartoon. And the scene stuck. The cartoon was one of those Japanese variety dubbed in Arabic, so I don't even know the words. Just the images. Must've seen it when I was around 6 I think.

Another cartoon I remember is the Thundercats, about whom I've blogged at length already, so I won't bore you with them.

Then there's Tom & Jerry. Absolutely the best comedy pair ever. I know their cartoons down to each scene. Touche Mr. Pussycat :).

And there's Bugs Bunny. I really like him. And I hate Mickey. Wiley Coyote. Elmer Fudd. What a set!!!

And last but not the least, my video cassette of Pink Panther cartoons, that my Mom and Dad recorded the movie Masoom over. I hated the movie for 4 years, and watched it 25 times before I finally understood it. Then I didn't hate it as much, but I'd still love to have those Pink Panther cartoons back.

Dead ant, Dead ant :p.

No comments: