Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A picture is worth a thousand words

It is so much easier to post pictures than it is to write anything in this blog. When I want to write something I have to first sit and think about what I want to write about. I have to ruminate, and an unfortunate habit of mine makes the job even more painstaking. I do everything with a top-down approach. Which means that I will sit write one title after another until I get one that seems promising.

I think the problem is in remembering what happened in the day. I usually have no idea what I did all day. Most of my days are uninteresting and boring. Nothing memorable happens, and even if something seemed funny at the time it happened, by the time I sit down to make an entry my brain turns blank. Like I have nothing to say.

The solution is obvious. Whenever something interesting happens, jot it down. And that's exactly why posting pictures is so easy. Because when you are out taking photos of things all day, at least a couple of them will be nice, worthy of gracing the eyes of those who read this blog. The same probably cannot be said of all the sludge that gets posted in the form of words.

I did try jotting things down when it happens, but it turned out to be quite awkward. You can't really stop a conversation in the middle (like hitting the pause button), and start storing a note on your mobile phone, can you? And imagine the chargin of your unlucky other half (of the conversation), if it turned out to be particularly good, and several points worth mentioning came up.

So when I started this post it was starting to get dark. You know, the orangish light in the sky, and I had the itch to go down to the parking and click a few snaps of my bullet in that light. But I resisted the urge with infinite determination, and have come out with this string of words that say it all:

Summer evenings, lazy power-cuts, hot shower, meeting friends, smoky bar, lots of wood, golden beer, glistening condensation, comfortable talk, long night, nice picture, no camera.

1 comment:

Aniket Anikhindi said...

vfsegxb (that was the word i had to put in to verify that i was a human)


the last bit of this post was particularly good :) i liked it.