Monday, March 27, 2006

Tasting my own medicine

Today while coming back home in the evening, I was passing near the Command Hospital, when a rickshaw (auto, 3 wheeler designed to carry passengers at their own risk), blocked the right lane, ferverently trying to overtake a luna (small 50 cc 2 wheeler designed to make the owner pray that he reaches his destination (forget on time)).

So obviously I tried to overtake the fellow by crossing the single solid line I wasn't supposed to cross. There was only one car in the oncoming traffic and it had plenty of road space to get through despite me.

Well it is now pretty obvious that the driver didn't feel like it. He kept in his lane and I had to do some nifty driving to keep from having the wrong kind of collision (yeah yeah, all collisions are of the wrong kind, but a head on one!!! Definitely wrong).

Well immediately after I heavily cursed the bloke under my breath (closed windows, AC on, Metallica blaring), I realized that that would have been exactly what I'd have done. Maybe that fellow had even more nerve. I swerve away at the last moment.

All said and done, I can't help but feel a bit proud of myself. "So this is the kind of fear that I instill on the roads." And I shall continue swerving. Not everyone is capable of nifty driving :).

No comments: