Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Strangers

Happy Diwali Everyone!!!

Let the light of a thousand suns shine bright on your house and make you all wealthy... Or maybe leave out the thousand suns :) (maybe I'm not too good at blessings... comes from being a sci-fi enthusiast).

Todays theme... do strangers ever get together? How long does it normally take someone to become a part of a group? I'm not talking of colleges where you go and make friends... that's your only real purpose out there... I'm talking about the places where you meet the same person everyday... for a month for 5 minute intervals... every hour or so... 5 days a week... would you become friends? At least get to know each other... each other's names? Not me...

And this is my point of intrigue today... Why the shyness? Why can't I go and say to that fellow standing by the ashtray, "Hi, we seem to be bumping into each other on and off for the last month or so... So which one of these buildings do you work in?"?

I'm not too comfortable with strangers... I make stupid jokes, or become excessively knowledgeable... "Oh so you're having a problem with your car steering..." and there I'd go... I'm not saying it won't work... I'm saying I feel self concious before the fact. The fact that I don't see anyone talking to anyone else either points to the fact that no one else is comfortable either... So we all smoke in silence... Which is good... If I have company, I smoke more...

So my crooked wisdom of the day... Staying strangers keeps you from getting lung cancer :).

No comments: